In this episode, I go on a rant about stepping into your power and getting rid of negative thoughts. We don’t have any more time to waste obsessing over our bodies! I also talk to body positive YouTube creator, Mermaid Queen Jude (or Jude Valentin) about body positivity, her journey with body acceptance, and her sweatshirt, thinness is not an accomplishment. For the dessert, we’re diving into love with a quick note about the importance of honesty in dating.
Topics covered in the episode::
- How little control over body size we have
- Learning to stop judging people based on their body size
- The important things you should focus on instead of dieting
- Doing the things that you enjoy during your one chance at life
- Jude’s history and relationship with food
- Cultivating a community that wants to learn
- The things Jude found helpful along the way
- Recognizing if your body positivity is TOTALLY inclusive
- Differentiation between body positivity and body liberation
- Jude’s perspective on self-care
- The importance of being honest with your partners
- Being open, honest and authentic to yourself with all people
Bio: Jude Valentin is a content creator skilled in the disciplines of theatre, photography, and video production. She spends her time on the internet screeching about body positivity and developing communities through art.
Mentioned in the Episode: Buy her Thinness is Not An Accomplishment Sweatshirt | Why people are mad about fat girls loving themselves
This podcast is brought to you by my Patreon. To join the Patreon-only Facebook group and get exclusive content from me, visit whitneycatalano.com/podcast to learn more.
Heal your relationship with food and start showing up authentically in your life with my Jumpstart to Food Freedom coaching program at: www.whitneycatalano.com/book
For a chance to have your listener question answered on the pod, or if I said something that needs correcting, you can email me at email@example.com
Start healing your relationship with food!
Sign up for exclusive coaching emails where I talk about my personal diet recovery journey, strategies I use with clients, and how you can start repairing your body image and eating intuitively today.